So this past week has been faculty conferences again, and I’m transitioning between working as an adjunct into half-time teaching/half-time administration. It’s a tough transition, actually, and I’m a little more than slightly frazzled. Faculty conferences ended this past week, but now first-year orientation and the first week of classes start, and as such, my personal life is on hold (not sure how my fiancée feels about that, given the stage our wedding planning is at). Unfortunately that also includes my writing.
Once this week falls dead on its head (or hopefully before!), I will be back to my schedule of writing and publishing, but as it stands now, I’ve run through my stockpile this week, and I have no time to build it back up until this week is over.
So here’s my contribution to you: a few links of things I find interesting enough that I think you all can enjoy nearly as much as me.
- A few of my old WoW guildies from <Oblivious> on Malygos have won the Blizzcon machinima comedy contest a few years in a row with their production, “The Grind.” You might have heard of it. Here is their latest (non-winning) entry to the contest, “Three Minutes.” Even though it didn’t win, it is still fantastic.
- OverthinkingIt.com has been really interesting lately with their Nintendo themed articles. Here’s the latest one over Princess Toadstool.
- XKCD always makes me happy.
- If you’re a crazy LOST-phile like me, there are few places on the internet that you should appreciate more than Nikki Stafford’s Blog, “Nik at Nite”. She is also doing an incredible interesting and in-depth re-watch with her blog readers. You should check both out. She’s not just LOST, though, so I bet you’ll find something TV related there to care about.
- My fiancee sent me this link the other day, and while I haven’t been able to read more than the first bit of it because of lack of free time, she said I would very much appreciate reading about an adult males perspective on enjoying a predominantly female hobby/demographic. I figure you all will, too.
- And finally, a shameless plug to one of my early blog posts about Essentialism in Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I’m really trying to figure out a way to work this one into a journal/conference paper proposal.
Hopefully, I will be back to my normal posting schedule sooner rather than later. I miss being able to come home and write and watch some TV. I just have to keep telling myself that it will all be back to normal in a few days.
See you soon!